This post is a long time coming! I’ve been meaning to sit down and share how absolutely thankful I am for all the wonderful emails, comments and publicity my little blog has received lately.
I appreciate all the kind words and I’m grateful that people–aside from my family–find my rambling stories, recipes and photos interesting!
Some Recent Accomplishments:
Three of my recent posts have made Foodbuzz’s Top 9:
(click the thumbnails to view the recipe/blog post)
One of my recipes has been featured on Yummly! …this was exciting!
Click HERE to read the article: Perfect Picnic Foods For National Picnic Day
I’ve received some “blogging love” from a few fellow bloggers!
This award is supposed to help build a network for newer blogs…and I’m supposed to nominate 5 additional bloggers. I’ll get to that in a second.
The Windy Kitchen was kind enough to nominate me for the Versatile Blogger Award. Very cool! Thank you for the nomination!
This award is kind of neat because upon receiving it, I’m supposed to share it with other bloggers I love and share 7 random facts about myself…so my readers can get to know me a little better.
7 Random Shari Facts:
1. I hate pickles. I refuse to eat them and the smell alone makes me queasy (I’m pretty sure it’s in my head).
2. I’ve been blogging since I was about 14–although it wasn’t called blogging back then.
3. I wouldn’t eat onions, tomatoes and many other veggies until I was well into my 20’s. Now, I love them!
4. I absolutely adore Bob Dylan. Absolutely.
5. I would rather listen to music than watch tv, and always listen to the radio when I cook.
6. I’m allergic to milk. I break out into hives, but can not seem to break it’s hold on me. Dairy is just so good!
7. I’m also allergic to the cold. Weird? Completely. But, it’s true. Cold weather brings on the hives! (…and here I am, living in Minnesota!).
Now, I know I’m supposed to nominate a bunch of blogs, but I’ve noticed most of the blogs I love and want to nominate have already recieved these very same awards…so I thought I’d list a few blogs I’ve been reading–ones that inspire me–and hopefully you’ll find them inspiring too!
The Subjectivist – Amrita is witty. Her photos are incredible. And her recipes are amazing. I absolutely love her blog!
The Vanilla Bean Blog– A local Minnesota blogger. There is no way to look at the photos on her blog and not want to eat what she is cooking. The photos are beautiful!
Kolpona Cuisine– Fantastic recipes…I always find her food inspiring!
Saffron Streaks– love this blog!
Hobby And More– The photos are amazing…and the recipes are mouth-watering! Additional bonus: it’s all vegan!
I read many, many more blogs than the ones listed…but they are a few I’ve found the most inspirational lately!
I just feel so happy and excited, and that is due to you–my readers. Thank you for all the support. Your kindness motivates me!
I hope you continue to read my little blog…and that I can continue to entertain you. If only for a few minutes of your day!